Photo Contest Rules
Win your choice of a Canvas or Metal Print up to 20×30 in size.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
1) All photo contest entries must be submitted through the ROES software via our website.
2) The image must be provided as a JPEG or TIF file, RGB format, and a minimum of 2 MB in size. An 8×10 aspect ratio is ideal as the images will be printed and hung up in store for public blind judging.
3) Select ‘PHOTO CONTEST’ from the dropdown menu.
4) Upload your image
5) Drag image into the size window
6) Click ‘add to cart’
7) Click ‘view cart’
8) Go to ‘check out’ and enter your first and last name, phone number, and email in the checkout contact page. We need to contact you if you win!
9) Proceed with the pick up and pay option. No charge will be incurred. If you are in store on May 17th for our 30th Birthday celebrations you may pick up your free 8×10 print.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
1) Only Submissions received between April 17th- May 1st, 2018 will be entered into the voting round.
2) The contest is open to Legal Canadian Residents within Canada, except employees of The Lab Works or Don’s Photo.
3) There is no theme for this photo contest.
4) Only one submission per individual.
5) The photo must be your own original artwork and you have all the rights to enter the image.
6) Your image must not contain, depict, include or involve content that is considered to be inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive as determined by the organizers.
7) You understand and agree that YOU retain 100% of the rights to your image. However, you agree that your entry can be used in any media for the purpose of this contest (social media, print, etc) without notification or compensation. You will be given credit on all media used.
8) You agree to the use of your personal info in accordance with our privacy policies. https://thelabworks.com/privacy-policy/
9) The photographer must ensure that they have the written permission of any recognizable model or person in the image to grant The Lab Works permission to publish and print on all media should we choose to.
HOW IT’S GOING TO WORK
- April 17-May 1, 2018 – Submissions accepted.
- May 1st, 2018 – All submissions will be printed and hung up in store for public voting.
- May 1-May 10, 2018 – Public in store voting. This will be a blind judging photo contest. In order to avoid unintentional bias.
- May 10, 2018 – The top 3 images with the most votes will be posted on The Lab Works Instagram and Facebook pages for the 2nd round of public blind judging.
- May 17, 2018 – Our 30th Birthday! The winner will be announced on social media of a Canvas or Metal Print up to 20×30 in size.
- All the images will remain up in store until the end of day May 17th. Come and celebrate with us on the day and take your 8×10 submission home. (Valid on this day only.)